• LOGIN
  • No products in the cart.

A letter from CNN to the year of 2016

Dear 2016,

亲爱的2016:

Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.

收拾家伙,你该走了。和你在一起的日子,是没完没了的失望。

Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.

你究竟多糟糕?让我来数一数。

You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.

你带走了“王子”、鲍威和科恩。

You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.

你带走了派特·康洛伊和哈珀·李,拳王阿里和阿诺德·帕尔默。

You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Anton Yelchin.

你带走了吉恩·怀尔德、阿兰·里克曼和安东·尤金。

John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. You took him too.

约翰·格兰是创造历史的宇航员、总统候选人和参议员,他经历了三种人生,你也把他带走了。

No matter what your politics, you can't deny that Antonin Scalia, Tom Hayden, Janet Reno and Nancy Reagan made a difference in their lifetimes. They're all gone too, because of you.

不管你政治观点如何,你都无法否认安东宁·斯卡利亚、汤姆·海登、珍妮特·雷诺和南希·里根在他们的人生中留下了重大影响。他们也都不在了,全因为你。

2016, you unleashed hell

2016,你把灾难释放

The numbers are just mind-boggling:

这些数字看得人发蒙:

More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.

尼斯卡车袭击造成80余人死亡。

44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.

伊斯坦布尔机场爆炸导致44人死亡。

32 in the Brussels bombings.

布鲁塞尔爆炸造成32人死亡。

49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

奥兰多枪击案中49人丧生,是美国历史上最惨烈的一场大规模枪击事件。

Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.

警察在路易斯安纳州和明尼苏达州枪杀黑人。一个狙击手杀死5名达拉斯警察,这是911以来美国执法过程中单次事件死亡最高的案件。

And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever before.

血腥、残酷的叙利亚内战迁延不决。死里逃生者冒死横渡危险的地中海,这片海域从未像今年这样经历过这么多的死亡。

You dished out a lot of misery

你给了我们太多痛苦

It's impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle.

我实在没办法美化你,2016。说到制造痛苦,你真是不遗余力。

You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding in Europe, in North Korea and in Louisiana — the worst in the US since Hurricane Sandy.

你给欧洲、朝鲜和美国路易斯安那州带来史无前例的洪水,迫使成千上万人离开家园。其中路易斯安那州的洪水是自桑迪飓风以来美国最严重的自然灾害。

You created Haiti's worst humanitarian crisis this decade with Hurricane Matthew. And Ecuador still hasn't recovered from the quake in April that killed more than 600.

飓风马修给海地造成十年来最严重的人道主义危机,而厄瓜多尔还未从四月的地震中愈合,600多人因其丧身。

You brought trouble to the skies too

你还给天空制造麻烦

In May, everyone aboard an Egypt Air plane died when it crashed into the Mediterranean. We still don't know why.

五月,埃及航空一家航班坠毁地中海,机上所有人殒命,至今仍原因不明。

In November, a jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team crashed in Colombia, killing 71.

十一月,一架载着巴西足球队的飞机在哥伦比亚坠毁,71人丧生。

As if all that isn't enough. You broke the record for the hottest months ever.

好像这些还不够,你还带来史上最炎热的夏季。

You tore us apart, 2016

你把我们撕裂,2016

We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.

很高兴选举结束了,可你撕裂的伤口需要很久才能愈合。

Republican Donald Trump won the electoral college and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain's no better with Brexit.

共和党人唐纳德·特朗普赢了选举人票,入主白宫,而民主党人希拉里赢得了普选。美国被一撕两半,前路尚不明朗。退欧后的英国也半斤八两。

But hey 2016, we'll give you this

不过,我承认你也有些功劳

You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first World Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.

你也做了些好事,你带来1948年以来最明亮的超级月亮。芝加哥小熊队108年来首次夺冠。你帮了麦克唐纳家一个大忙,经过27小时的手术,他们的连体婴儿成功分离。

You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first World Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.

你也做了些好事,你带来1948年以来最明亮的超级月亮。芝加哥小熊队108年来首次夺冠。你帮了麦克唐纳家一个大忙,经过27小时的手术,他们的连体婴儿成功分离。

Source: CNN

2017-01-02

0 responses on "A letter from CNN to the year of 2016"

    Leave a Message

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Copyright ©right 2017 Chinlingo Inc. All rights reserved.