For an ordinary person, a small target means an iPhone, a decent job, an outbound travel or buying a house. Would he have known that a small target refers to 100 million yuan, he'll feel ashamed to talk about his target openly.
Recently, a piece of advice given by Wang Jianlin, China's richest man and the chairman of Dalian Wanda Group, has become a hit on Weibo, China's Twitter-like social networking site. When asked to give some advice on how the young people would become wealthy in an interview in a reality show, Wang said: "You shouldn't be that ambitious. Set a small target first, like earning 100 million yuan (about US$15 million).
The statement amused the Chinese net users very much. Some users jokingly commented: "Now I understand, Wang's wealth of 170 billion yuan is actually made up by 1,700 small targets."
Other said: "Thinking of his wealth, this is indeed a small target."
Some even cited Armstrong's famous line in another way, "That's one small step for Wang, but a giant leap for mankind."
Many users made various adaptations for fun. Take a look:
Set a small target first, like winning a Grammy award.
Set a small target first, like looking more charming than Fan Bingbing and getting taller than Yao Ming. These are not difficult, just small targets.
Set a small target first, like getting a full score (150 marks) in mathematics.
For the young striving for a better life in larger cities, it's inadvisable for them to buy a sea-view villa. Set a small target first, like buying a 200m2 apartment.
Set a small target first, like losing 35kg in body weight.
Set a small target first, like attracting 100 million followers for my Weibo account.
One even offered 9 tips to earn 100 million yuan, jocosely.
1. For an excellent stock speculator, he needs two or three bull markets;
2. For a skillful property speculator, unremitting efforts for 10-15 years are needed;
3. For a gifted entrepreneur, more than 10 years is needed;
4. For a corrupt but lucky government official, at least 15 years is needed;
5. For a successful office worker, he needs two lifetimes to make so much money;
6. For one that works abroad and is willing to endure hardships, he needs three lifetimes to make so much money;
7. For a woman that wants to become rich after getting married, she has to give birth to two or more children, with a man she doesn't love!
8. For one that has already had more than 1 billion yuan, he needs a sound project.
9. It's the easiest and fastest way to have so much money for he who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Do you have any other ways to earn 100 million yuan?
The article is translated and editted by Chinlingo. Please indicate the source for any use, reproduction or transfer.