• LOGIN
  • No products in the cart.

15 Chinese buzzwords you shouldn’t miss

 

1. 抢风头 steal the show/thunder

Taylor Swift totally stole the show when she showed up at my birthday party.

泰勒-斯威夫特一出现在我的生日派对上就把风头都抢走了。

It is really unethical to steal the thunder from someone else.

窃取他人的创意很不道德。

2. 要疯了 go nuts

After two days of nonstop working, our crew members went nuts.

经过两天没日没夜的工作,组员们都快疯了。

3. 忍着点 suck it up 

I know the finals are tough, but you just have to suck it up and deal with it.

我知道期末考很不容易,但你就忍着点撑过去吧。

4. 打脸 slap in the face 

The mayor promised that he will finish his term, so it was a slap in the face when he announced to run for president.

市长在宣布要竞选总统后完全打了自己的脸,因为他曾承诺会做满任期。

5. 照骗 flattering photo 

There are lots of tutorials on the Internet that teach you how to take a flattering photo of yourself.

网络上有很多教学会教你怎么拍出自己的照骗。

6. 懒人包 for dummies 

If you want to study abroad, you can start by reading articles such as “Studying Abroad for Dummies."

如果你想要出国留学,可以从阅读留学懒人包下手。

7. 你少臭美了 you're so full of yourself 


A: I am a really nice boyfriend, right?

A: 我是一个超棒的男友吧?

B: You're so full of yourself. / Don't be a smug.

B: 你少臭美了!

8. 暖男 caring/considerate guy 

Does being a caring guy mean that I can finally get a girlfriend?

当一个暖男可以让我交到女朋友吗?

9. 起床气 get up on the wrong side of the bed 

A: What's wrong with her? She looks so mean today.

A: 她怎么了?今天看起来凶神恶煞。

B: Maybe she got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

B: 或许是她起床气还没消吧。

10. 肥宅 fat nerd 

I think calling people fat nerds is a type of bullying.

我认为叫别人肥宅是一种霸凌。

11. 负能量 negative energy 

Don't let other people's negative energy bring you down.

不要被其他人的负能量击垮。

You should surround yourself with positive energy.

你应该让自己处在充满正能量的环境。

12. 低调 keep a low profile 

Jolin Tsai likes to keep a low profile, so she barely shows up on TV.

蔡依林喜欢保持低调,所以她很少上电视。

I told my boss that I was sick, so this party is a really low-key event.

我跟老板请病假,所以这场派对办得相当低调。

13. 废到笑 funny crap 

There are lots of funny crap on YouTube.

YouTube 里面有很多废到笑的影片。

14. 傻眼、惊呆了 stunned; dumbfounded 

Everyone was stunned when Johnny announced he had a 9-year-old daughter.

当强尼宣布他有一个九岁女儿时,大家都惊呆了。

15. 太瞎了 That's ridiculous 

You say you have over 2,000 friends on Facebook? That's ridiculous! It's not like you're famous.

你说你有超过2000个脸书好友?太瞎了吧! 你又不是什么名人。

Source: China Daily

2016-09-17

0 responses on "15 Chinese buzzwords you shouldn't miss"

    Leave a Message

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Copyright ©right 2017 Chinlingo Inc. All rights reserved.