This course seeks to develop integrated skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking at the intermediate level. It has a focus on vocabulary, Chinese characters, passage reading, and practical writing in daily and business life.
The course is designed for those who have completed the Pre-intermediate Chinese course or who have:
- completed more than 90 learning hours
- known about 500 basic Chinese characters, 800 basic Chinese words
- passed the HSK level 2 with high scores(≥240)
A placement interview is required, except for continuing students with advancement approval from previous class.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to conduct conversations in Chinese on abundant and business topics, and:
- talk about direction and location, and ask about direction and transport
- look for a job, take an interview and talk about a past experience
- make an appointment and a date with someone
- book a hotel, a plane ticket and do online shopping in China
- talk about living conditions and pick someone up or see someone off
- write a short passage or letter to express complaint and suggestions
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- master pronouncing Chinese sentences in common speed, and use different tones to express someone’s emotion
- further understand Chinese grammar (usage of emphasising, sentences indicating existence, the exclamatory structure)
- have the ability to read argumentative articles and some newspaper and business reports written in commonly used vocabulary
- learn approximately 400 new vocabulary items and phrases
- learn the methods of constructing Chinese characters
Your language learning experience will be complemented with an exploration of culture. You will be exposed to Chinese culture and history, customs and social etiquette, value systems and identities, and some current affairs.
(1) Review&Warming Up(Story Reading or Telling)
(3) New Words
(6) Culture Corner
|Unit 1 Leaving message,reminder,lost and found|
|Unit 2 Friendship,ordering&exclusion|
|Review & Quiz 1||00:00:00|
|Unit 3 Agreement,emotion&procrastination|
|Unit 4 Accident,visit&comfort|
|Review & Quiz 2||00:00:00|
|Unit 5 Transport means,complaint|
|Review & Quiz 3||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.