This is a course for complete beginners.
The aim is to help participants learn some basic knowledge of Mandarin Chinese and practice daily dialogues.The teaching approach of this course is interactive and mainly focused on building students’ listening and speaking skills. It also expands the ability of reading and writing Chinese characters.
It will also provide some knowledge of Chinese culture.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the basic Chinese your instructors use in class,conduct simple conversations in Chinese
- greet people and introduce yourself and family members
- talk about your nationality, occupation and work
- learn the numbers and count the amount of something
- ask and answer simple questions about yourself and others where necessary, using a mix of Chinese and English
Ultimately, you’ll feel comfortable using basic Chinese vocabulary.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Chinese phonetics, tones and rhythms
- how to read basic Pinyin
- some basic simplified Chinese characters
- Chinese word order
Your language learning experience will be complemented with an exploration of culture. You will be exposed to Chinese culture and history, customs and social etiquette, value systems and identities, and some current affairs.
(1) Warming Up
(2) New Words
|Part 1 Pronunciation Learning|
|Review & Quiz 1||00:00:00|
|Part 2 Daily Expressions & Basic Dialogues|
|Unit 1 Number,date&time||00:00:00|
|Unit 2 Location,direction&sports||00:00:00|
|Review & Quiz 2||00:00:00|
|Unit 3 Request,desire&will||00:00:00|
|Unit 4 Like,hobby,ability&permission||00:00:00|
|Review & Quiz 3||00:00:00|