The course seeks to develop language learners’ integrated skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking at the intermediate level, with a special focus on reading and writing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to conduct conversations in Chinese on range of topics, and:
(1) make a comment on one’s action or behavior
(2) express your emotions and opinions
(3) consult others’ opinions and make suggestions
(4) ask for reasons and explain reasons
(5) remind and urge somebody
(6) write a short passage or letter to describe your life and hobbies
Upon completion of this course, you will:
(1) understand and enhance the usage of sentence tones and the stress in phrase/sentence
(2) further understand Chinese grammar (including the usage of complements, special sentences structures)
(3) have the ability to read positive and narrative articles written in commonly used vocabulary
(4) learn approximately 400 new vocabulary items and phrases
Your language learning experience will be complemented with an exploration of culture. You will be exposed to Chinese culture and history, customs and social etiquette, value systems and identities, and some current affairs.